Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tea Party-time

I'm trying to figure out these Tea Party people. The more I hear about them and what they are about, they less I like them. Any movement that embraces Glenn Beck is an immediate candidate for dismissal, and on closer inspection, these folks are just a little wacky.

Who are these folks?
Some suggest that the tea party is made up of upper-middle class people, but a further analysis shows they are mostly middle-class. These folks have a right to be angry, after a decade of lost wages, a housing bubble, and a credit bubble. Heck, I'm angry about that, too. But I focus my anger on the conservative, pro-market government policies of the past 30 years, and not because my party lost the last election. What sickens me most about the tea party is that they strike me as a bunch of whiny baby boomers and Gen X'ers who want to have their cake and eat it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment