Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Thoughtful viewpoint

I have a 15-month-old son. It scares me to think that our current economic direction is going to be a heavy load that my generation is getting ready to pick up and carry and then pass on to my son and his generation. This article at Public Agenda presents the kind of thoughtful and balanced perspective that I think is missing in a lot of discussions we hear about the deficit and cutting spending.

Oh, and by the way. Social Security is fixed forever if we just eliminate the cap on taxable earnings, which last year was $102,000. That translates into a 'tax increase' on people who from my view can totally afford it. That cap is well above what I make now and I am more than happy to keep paying into a system that has helped out my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment