Friday, August 21, 2009

My feelings about Obama

I have some really mixed feelings on Obama. I don't consider myself to be an extreme left-wing progressive, but I do feel like I am centrist who is left-of-center on some issues and right-of-center on others. So shouldn't I be okay with what Obama has done since he has been in office? No. He has been quite terrible, actually. He has been way to nice to the banks. He hired the wrong people to be his economic team. He fumbled on health care. He is keeping the Bush policies on torture intact. He has done little for the environment. I have very little hope that he is going to come out having done okay come January 1. Things are going to have to get REALLY REALLY BAD before things can get fixed. I'm talking 9/11 bad, but with health care, or the financial markets. That is the ONLY WAY people in this country will change. I'm starting to conclude that if anyone says otherwise then they aren't worth my time because they are just wrong. I hate saying that, because that means we are all going to get hurt really bad before we can start to get better and get on a different track. Some say that he has been too fast. I disagree. You HAVE to be fast otherwise the really powerful people who have run and continue to run things (large campaign contributors) move so much faster that you don't realize what happened until after the fact. So I don't think speed is the issue.

Oh, and if it's not already obvious that our government is broken, Democrats don't know how to use a majority in Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment