Saturday, August 15, 2009

Waterloo + Links!

So, if we pass health care reform (or now health insurance reform, because apparently we can't say that some doctors are greedy or hospitals are problematic) and it turns out that the reform that was passed does NOTHING except compel those without insurance today to go buy insurance, then I agree that that should be Obama's Waterloo. We HAVE to change how insurance, hospitals, doctors, and patients behave in this country, or the whole thing will crash down.

So here's where I got the idea for mentioning health care reform as Waterloo.

And here is Obama getting ticked off at the death panel rumors in Colorado.

And last but not least here is the Daily Show mocking the crazies at the town halls. Funny stuff. Plus, I love how they mock Obama's analogy of health care and a government option with UPS, FedEx, and the Post Office. Obama almost looks like he realized how bad that statement is after he finishes saying that. I would say that he went way off message there.

UPDATE: So after I finish my post here, I see this. I am not alone in my thinking!! (I bet millions of Americans think like me on health care.)

And now, to blow your mind in a different direction:

No comments:

Post a Comment