Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Conspiracy or just Bush-era arrogance?

The evidence is mounting that Obama's economic team really are bought and paid for by Wall Street. I won't rehash the whole story when Glenn Greenwald does such a good job already. I am becoming more and more disappointed (or disillusioned) with Obama and his choices for economic advisers. I just don't like the feeling I'm getting in my stomach over this. Not only is the economic team playing games, but the DOJ's behavior towards continuing to conceal the Bush torture memos, plus dropping all charges in the Senator Ted Stevens scandal. I'm getting the feeling that the incredible arrogance and power that the Bush/Cheney administration amassed and passed onto Obama is proving to be too tempting to not use or relinquish.

Update: Bill Moyers is in on the action.

According to Politico.com, at his March 27 White House meeting with the nation’s top bankers, President Obama heard similar arguments and interrupted, saying, “Be careful how you make those statements, gentlemen. The public isn’t buying that…. My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”

Stand aside, Mr. President, and let us prod with our pitchforks to get at the facts

No comments:

Post a Comment