Friday, April 3, 2009

No Worries!

So Brad DeLong thinks that the Geitner plan is all good. Is he correct? I don't know. The thing is, NOBODY knows. What is so bizarre about economics is that it is a fuzzy field. There are no real ways to prove a hypothesis correct. There is so much psychology tied into Economics that it is almost like predicting the weather. My hope for this blog is to help me keep track of my own lines of thinking in a orderly way on subjects where there is a lot of different opinion. Now, I'm not paying much attention to 'conservative' or 'right wing' economists, and that is mostly because I have given up on their ideas. Trickle-down, laissez-faire, Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, Libertarianism. These are ideas that I think have had their chance. Now some are still arguing for these ideas, but I don't think they will get anywhere.

Now more doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment